Hilot of Guava Leaves
Guava leaves are used by our ancestors to wash our wounds that serve as disinfectant. Washing our wounds with the concoction of guava leaves hasten wound healing. But aside from wound healing, the concoction of guava leaves can also increase the platelets of dengue patient and help them for fast recovery. Guava or Psidium Guava is a small tree in the myrtle family (Myrtaceae), native to Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and northern South America. It probably came to the Philippine through the barter trade system
But aside from wound healing properties of Guava leaves, its bark and leaves can also be used as natural mouth wash and toothbrush for oral hygiene and it can also relieve toothache. Guava as a tropical and delectable fruit has amazing healing properties. The parts that can be used are the roots, barks, leaves and fruits.
Here in this article we will share to you some amazing health wonders of Guava leaves.
- Guava leaves could help diabetic person as the leaves when concocted can also help lower blood sugar level.
- Guava leaves has high levels of antioxidants and vitamins that may help your heart from the damage by free radicals.
- Guava leaf extract may reduce the pain intensity of menstrual cramps.
- Guava leaf tea may aid healthy bowel movement and prevent constipation.
- It can also help in maintaining our shape by aiding weight loss.
- It has anti cancer effect.
- It can boost Immunity
- And can help keep our skin nutrition.
Read more about the benefits of Guava Leaves by visiting Health Line.