People now-a-days are always on the go and spend most of their time in earning money. It seems that they are always running out of time because of the deadlines they are rushing to meet or with other reasons. And with that behavior people suffer from stress.
Stress is a self imposed illness of the Mind.
People are stressed out because of exerting too much energy in order to obtain their desires in a short time. Even if they had enough time to reach their goal/ desire, they lack resources in order to manifest it. Many people right now are accepting challenges and work load beyond their capacity just to show off that they can; and with that behavior, they might get their success but one aspect of their being still suffer from stress. Stress is a self imposed illness of the Mind that can grow and get complicated.
According to webmd.com the following are the symptom of stress:
Emotional symptoms of stress include:
- Becoming easily agitated, frustrated, and moody
- Feeling overwhelmed, like you are losing control or need to take control
- Having difficulty relaxing and quieting your mind
- Feeling bad about yourself (low self-esteem), lonely, worthless, and depressed
- Avoiding others
Physical symptoms of stress include:
- Low energy
- Upset stomach, including diarrhea, constipation, and nausea
- Aches, pains, and tense muscles
- Chest pain and rapid heartbeat
- Frequent colds and infections
- Loss of sexual desire and/or ability
- Nervousness and shaking, ringing in the ear, cold or sweaty hands and feet
- Dry mouth and difficulty swallowing
- Clenched jaw and grinding teeth
Cognitive symptoms of stress include:
- Constant worrying
- Racing thoughts
- Forgetfulness and disorganization
- Inability to focus
- Poor judgment
- Being pessimistic or seeing only the negative side
Behavioral symptoms of stress include:
- Changes in appetite — either not eating or eating too much
- Procrastinating and avoiding responsibilities
- Increased use of alcohol, drugs, or cigarettes
- Exhibiting more nervous behaviors, such as nail biting, fidgeting, and pacing.
All of these are self created within your mind. Your own mind houses your behavior, and your behavior can be formed. It is early formed by your Parents, Family members, relatives and later on the community contributes the formation of your behavior. But in fact that our behavior resides within our mind, and our mind is our own; as we get matured we should be in control in forming our own behavior. Having control with our behavior is also having control with our life; and with our life we can also control our own health.
It is said that: Health is Wealth. And our wealth is a creature of our own mind. Our mind governs and process the activities of our body part; and our body parts must be attuned and work in harmony with our mind as it is said in the Filipino Flag pledge of allegiance that says: “Sa isip. Sa Salita. At sa Gawa.” or “In Mind. In Words. and in Deed!”